Jesse Petersen — A Great WP Community — Has Passed Away!
It’s a sad day for the WordPress community. I write this with a heavy heart, that Jesse Petersen — a Genesis Preferred Developer, theme and plugin developer, and so much more — lost his fight with Cystic Fibrosis today.
He was a WordPress user since 2005, a developer since 2008 and a friend to many.
Can you look over your life and say you’d be leaving those connected to you better off having known you? If not, start today.
— Jesse Ⓦ Petersen (@jpetersen) July 3, 2017
I’m pretty sure; I was better off knowing him! Many would agree!
I didn’t personally, know Jesse — but he was a great member of our community. I am not sure what to say. I got to know him better only after he went public with his Cystic Fibrosis genetic disease. I feel like telling you all about him in a few points below.
It’s my way to remember him! Jesse:
- He was a family man — a husband and a father to two adorable boys
- Most known for being a Genesis Preferred Developer
- A WordPress user since 2005, a developer since 2008 and a friend to many
- A plugin developer. His latest plugin was GenesisThe.me After Entry Widget Pro that added a widget after a post.
- He also has five plugins in the WordPress repository including Genesis Latest Tweets and Stealth Login Page. His last commit was only five days ago. 🙁
- A proud WordCamp Speaker, you can find him talking at WordPress.tv
- A member of The WP Crowd and was on many of our podcasts.
- He was also a Treehouse instructor
- More about him at this WCUS blog post
- Jeff wrote about Jesse on WPTavern
What Can We Do?
I wish if the WordPress foundation — or a non-profit fund could be set up for folks like him. The awesome WordPress community could be more awesome that way!
Support His Family
Jesse leaves behind a wife and two precious boys who will be going through a lot in the upcoming days. They also could use all the help they can get for last expenses and going forward. Ben Meredith has setup a Give fundraiser to help with the last expenses and for the family going forward.
[ecko_alert color=”green”]Prayers for him and his family. I hope I can urge you to support Jesse’s family →[/ecko_alert]
It’s the least we can do, for all his contribution towards our lives and the WordPress community!
SUBSCRIBE TO DEVELOPERS TAKEAWAY!
A Premium Development Newsletter by TheDevCouple! What is TheDevTakeaway?